Download A Short Grammar of Lithuanian by Terje Mathiassen PDF
By Terje Mathiassen
E-book by way of TERJE MATHIASSEN
Read or Download A Short Grammar of Lithuanian PDF
Best foreign languages books
This quantity unifies a large breadth of interdisciplinary reviews reading the expression of movement in Slavic languages. The individuals to the quantity have joined within the dialogue of Slavic movement speak from diachronic, typological, comparative, cognitive, and acquisitional views with a specific concentrate on verbs of movement, the nuclei of the lexicalization styles for encoding movement.
The complicated diachronic and synchronic prestige of the suggestions be and feature could be understood basically with attention in their complete variety of buildings and services. facts from sleek Slavic languages (Russian, Czech, Polish, Bulgarian) offers a window into 0 copulas, non-verbal have expressions, and verbal buildings.
This quantity presents vital contributions to Arabic linguistics and Linguistic learn generally by way of proposing new empirical proof and cutting edge theoretical analyses. It involves significant elements: the 1st includes 4 papers on phonology and morphology, so much of which care for phonology/morphology interface, whereas the second one half contains 5 papers on syntax.
This ebook describes and analyzes the passive voice procedure in jap in the framework of generative grammar. by way of unifying forms of passives conventionally exclusive in the literature, the ebook advances an easy minimalist account the place quite a few passive features emerge from the lexical houses of a unmarried passive morpheme interacting with independently-supported syntactic ideas and normal homes of jap.
- Romance Languages and Linguistic Theory 2011: Selected papers from 'Going Romance' Utrecht 2011
- Learning hiragana and katakana : workbook and practice sheets
- Through the language glass : why the world looks different in other languages
- Middle Arabic and Mixed Arabic: Diachrony and Synchrony
Extra resources for A Short Grammar of Lithuanian
5. Conclusion In this paper, I have argued for a biclausal analysis of split questions. This account explains why the wh-part has the syntax and semantics of a wh-question, and why the tag is interpreted as a non-wh-question with a focused constituent. Furthermore, the analysis relies on independently motivated mechanisms, such 28 KARLOS ARREGI as wh-movement and ellipsis. Evidence for the analysis has been drawn from the phonology, syntax, and semantics of this construction, and it has been shown to be superior to the previous monoclausal analysis proposed in Camacho 2002.
This will be discussed in the next section. DISCONTINOUS WH-CONSTITUENTS IN BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE 31 3. Discontinuous wh-question patterns correlate with possibilities of PPextraction The possibilities of extraction of PPs out of their nominal domains in BP correlate with the patterns of discontinuous wh-constructions. The generalization and the general schema are presented below. (6) Generalization: Discontinuous wh-questions are restricted to constructions with nominal domains, whose Ns are modified by PPs that can be extracted out of the DP.
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Grolla, Elaine. 2000. A Aquisição da Periferia Esquerda da Sentença em Português Brasileiro. Master Thesis, Instituto de Estudos da Linguagem, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas. Kato, Mary. 1987. ”. Delta 3. 243-252. Lopes Rossi, Maria Aparecida. 1993. “Estudo Diacrônico sobre as interrogativas do português”. Português Brasileiro: uma viagem diacrônica ed by Ian Roberts & Mary Kato, 307-342. Campinas: Ed. Unicamp. Mioto, Carlos. 2001. “Sobre o sistema CP no português Brasileiro”.